Friday, May 24, 2013

Call Me Old Fashion

This has been a long time coming.  I have made several attempts and failed...every time.  This time- I am done! 

Technology has made many advances and claims to have made every one's life much easier...right?  I beg to differ.  Somethings may be easier- but overall, in my humble opinion, with the world at my fingertips... at all times....

it sucked me in

I became enslaved

I spent more time reading Facebook than I did reading God's word

I spent more time on my phone than with my husband

I spent more time on my phone than with my children

It was the first thing I grabbed upon awakening to see what may have happened in the few hours I slept

It was what I turned to while stopped at a red light as opposed to turning to my children and asking them about their day


I don't think it is coincidence...

 that a few days ago my "little" dropped my iPhone in a cup of coke

 that the deductible for a replacement phone through Verizon was something we couldn't afford

 that I found a new, basic, "dumbphone" for a very affordable cost on amazon.com

that our cellphone bill will be $30.00 less a month and $360.00 less a year

I don't even believe in coincidences!

I believe in a Sovereign God who loves me and gently teaches, leads, and guides me!

I am neither tooting my own horn nor trying to judge people who may be doing these same things.  I simply am sharing with you my recent conviction.  No phone or piece of technology is more valuable than time spent with our heavenly Father or our loved ones. I challenge you to enjoy life with you head held high not downcast and by the glow of your phone.  I am reminded of a scripture and this I will leave with you..

Matthew 5:30
 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

'til later,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment