Friday, January 16, 2015

Sleepless in Milli

As I toss and turn on another sleepless night wondering why I keep waking up at 3-4am every morning, I decide to put my racing thoughts into words. Why is it that my thoughts seem so clear when I can't sleep? Maybe it's the silence? No chaos. No confusion. No loud chatter. No negativity. No self seeking motives. No twisting or bending of facts. No distractions. Only me and God. He whispers, " I am not the author of confusion." So the people and situations that I still can't wrap my mind around become clearer and the sinking, unresolved feeling fades.

 Sometimes people never take responsibility, no matter what. For some reason they don't understand how it looks when they say one thing and do another. Some are good at sweeping things under the rug while others are lingering trying to figure out where things went wrong... Lost in the bends and twists. Some people assume others are stuck in their self destructing past and continue to remind them of it by labeling them as having serious problems.

God never makes me feel my friendship with Him is more of a burden than a benefit. He is faithful and doesn't find me difficult. He is my Rock. He loves me more than I can put into words! He provides reassurance and peace. It is Him I should go to.... Always! I'm not sure how many times He will put me in situations that when down the road I look back and ask, " why do I put so much faith and hope in fellow man?" As humans, we, I, am rotten to the core. I wonder why or how He could even love us? He sent His only Son to die for us flesh seeking humans!

Love so undeniable I can hardly think!
Peace so unexplainable I can hardly speak!
Your a good, good father-that's who you are
and I'm loved by You-that's who I am!

As my mind eases and eyes become heavy, I am content in His love!

Love you, friend!
Thanks for keeping me company on another sleepless night.

No comments:

Post a Comment