Thursday, September 22, 2011

Let your light shine!

I am blessed with a wonderful job that allows me to nurse college students at Georgia College and State University back to health.  It is fun - I get to see just how I acted when I was their age:) Now, being on the more mature side of things, I can have sympathy, laugh and cut up with them, but most importantly make a godly impression on them.   As I got to work this morning I received an email learning of the tragic death (via car accident) of two of our students.  I had the privilege of meeting one of them just yesterday.  He happened to be one of my patients yesterday afternoon.  Yes, he was horribly sick- but I did manage to make him smile before he left.  He was supposed to come back today for follow up but after receiving the email notifying us of his death, I suddenly remembered I would never see him again...or would I? 

We are very busy this time of year, seeing anywhere from 80-90 students a day.  So addressing their medical needs is really all we have time for.  This young child's death has made me aware of what kind of impression I leave with these kids because nobody is promised tomorrow.  I pray he knew God as his Savior and that I will see him again...in heaven.  I vow, today, that no matter if I am on student number 5 or 50...I will give them my undivided attention during the short time I have with them, I will have a Christ like attitude...no matter what theirs is.  In my 15 or so minutes with them I will be a true reflection of Christ!  These seem like high standards to set for myself...but nothing compared to what God has done for me! I thank God for allowing me to meet this young lad! I praise Him also for making me more aware of His light that needs to always be visible in me...no matter what the situation is... so others can come to know Him through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment