Friday, September 9, 2011

Spaghetti Brain

Ever heard the saying "men are like waffles and women are like spaghetti"?  The explanation behind this is very interesting.  If you look down on a waffle, you see several squares surrounded by walls.  This is used as an analogy to describe the way men think...they can only think of one thing at a time- that is whatever box they are in at that moment.  Women, on the other hand, are likened to a plate of spaghetti noodles!  How appealing, ha?  Our brains think of so many things at once that when we are on one thought process we jump right to the next...and then the next...and then the overlapping intertwining of all of the thoughts becomes the infamous multi-tasking.  The noodle idea comes into play when you try to follow one noodle on a plate of spaghetti, you can't get to the end of that noodle without bumping into several other noodles along the way. As a wife, mom, friend, sister, active member in church, etc...my spaghetti brain gets the best of me!  Oh to be a simple-minded waffle brain! 

There have been several events recently that remind me that I am thinking and trying to do too many things at once.  For example, I was searching the kitchen high and low for our jar of peanut butter a few days ago.  It usually stays in our corner lazy-susan cabinet.  The kids were sitting at the bar in the kitchen awaiting their delicious and nutritious fluff-n- nutter sandwiches.  So I begin looking feverishly in the fridge, freezer, all of the cabinets and boom... out of "nowhere" there sits my lonely jar of peanut butter in the cabinet I keep my glass cups.  I see it there, knowing the kids are watching...I debate whether to sneak it out without them knowing I had mindlessly left it there on mistake the last time I used it.  By the way, my daughter, 9 years old, has caught on  well to the fact that I am very forgetful. So I hear snickering and realize I was busted!  I have done things of this nature before but NEVER twice in the same week.  Wednesday night before church, I reheated some taco meat for my son to have a left over soft taco.  I promise I do cook real meals on occasion!  All was fine and good!  We returned from church and got the kids in the bed.  I decided I would indulge in a bedtime bowl of cereal.  I opened the cabinet and located just beside the stack of bowls sits this bag of shredded cheese.  I think to myself...how on earth did this happen again?  But luckily, there were no witnesses this time so I was safe. 

So...in this crazy thing called life, always make time for down time and enjoy your spaghetti and waffles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment