Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Memories

My memory fails me very frequently, just ask my beloved husband.  But these sweet Christmas memories are sweetly embedded...

Santa used to make one stop at our house to visit Derek, Lindsey and Jamie- as well as Bonnie and I...when the grand kids came- we were chopped liver:)  This was before ALL of the other grand kids came to be.  When I think back...I am not sure where Mama put us- as everyone stayed at our house on Christmas Eve. I remember our living room looked like a bomb had gone off on Christmas morning.  Fun times!

The Christmas Bonnie and I got our 3 wheeler (unheard of now).  Mama and Daddy had told us no way, no how, would we get one (no matter how much we begged).  Santa brought Derek a battery powered 3 wheeler this year and he had already opened his.  Our helmets were wrapped and when we opened them I  thought they were for us to enjoy his battery powered 3 wheeler.  I know... right!?...keep in mind I was lots younger.  You can imagine the excitement when we discover there was a "real" 3 wheeler under the carport.

Alternating between Aunt Faye's house one year then our house the next and laughing at them when they couldn't remember whose year it was to host. 

Mama cooking constantly during the holidays!  I loved growing up in a house that was always the place for entertainment.  My mom was a great cook, host,  and entertainer!

Helping Mama decorate the house for Christmas with Alabama's "Christmas in Dixie" playing in the background. 

I think of Mama often but especially during the holidays!  I miss her beautiful smile and contagious laugh!  Merry Christmas Mama, my favorite Christmas memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment