Sunday, December 18, 2011

This is What Christmas Really Means

December is a crazy month for me every year!  Chaotic...to say the least.  Between cantatas, parties,  hyper kids, and planning my sons birthday, the joy of Christmas is usually lost somewhere among the stress and planning.   I have high hopes every year of finishing what little bit of shopping I do early but never succeed.

In Sunday School this morning we watched a video by Loui Giglio about the true meaning of Christmas.  He spoke of how it must have been so chaotic for Mary and Joseph expecting this baby and  nowhere for them to go.  He went on to say that Christ, the babe,  showed up in the middle of all that mayhem!  Christ, my Savior, was born!  It was then, in my brokenness, tears began to fall!  I realized how rotten I am and what a disaster I have made of this special time of year.  In my 36 years on this earth, this year is my first year ever "feeling" the true meaning of Christmas.   I am so glad that in my confusion and chaos all I have to do is merely speak His name, read His word, and my fears and anxieties melt away. I begin to focus on how good God is to me and just how much He loves me- even when I screw things up!  I realize that my inner struggles, that I think are huge, are nothing is comparison to those who have lost loved ones and will be without them this Christmas for the first time, someone who has just recently been diagnosed with cancer, someone will be experiencing Christmas alone this year due to Satan's attack on their marriage!  This really puts things in perspective for me!  So in the middle of my chaos, today, I choose to really celebrate the birth of baby Jesus.  I am so thankful for the birth of my Savior and His death on a cross...because He loves me...even when I am rotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment