Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Consumption

What is it that consumes you?  Unfortunately, I have tons of things that I allow to consume me.  As I sit here and listen to Hillsong's "Consume Me From the Inside Out" I let this be my prayer for today.  I am aware that what people see on the outside is sometimes far removed from what is in my heart. I like to call it my "Sunday going to church face".   Why do I try to live this facade? I am very aware that my Creator knows my heart so I am not quite sure who I think I am fooling.  If we were all honest with ourselves we could all probably relate to one of my  recent Pinterest findings.  The quote goes something like this..."I may look calm but in my mind I have killed you 3 times." Don't get any weird ideas...I would never kill anyone...on purpose. However, I did think it was comical.

 Hopefully I have made you chuckle rather than question my sanity.  Welcome to my crazy world!

God, I know you are real. You have proved that to me in Your word and in my own life. I pray that today I would be consumed with thoughts of You. Let people hear and see a reflection of You in my words and actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment