Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Blessed Day!

The buzz of my alarm awakened me early this morning.  I got up and dressed for my exciting challenge.  Awaiting Bonnie's  headlights to come through the field, I began to feel the butterflies.  Was I ready? Would I really finish my first half marathon today? What in the world should I eat for breakfast? How will I survive without my coffee until after the race...hours later?   It seems like it was just yesterday when I asked Bonnie to train for the marathon with me.  I knew Stephanie was a shoe in...she's a pro now! Well, we all have been training and Bonnie and I set out for our first half marathon today!  We succeeded and it was an awesome feeling!  My only negative thought the whole time was ...I can't imagine doing double this distance in March.  Whew!  This was only the beginning of my blessed day!  Afterwards, our first stop was Krispy Creme:) These were of course for "the kids" but we both knew that we would sneak some after we ate/devoured lunch! We then had a sweet visit with a special family at the Coliseum Hospital...(one of the matriarchs of our church) God is good!  She looked amazing!  We then headed home and I had the best hot shower and nap I have ever had in my entire existence.  Finished the night off with supper at The Brick...just the four of us :)  I am now tucked away in my closet again, eyelids very heavy.  About to call it a night and I am truly blessed and thankful God gives me the ability to run, an amazing family to share my life with, an awesome church family, wonderful friends that help keep me sane, and last but certainly not least...a bed that I am soooo about to crawl in!  Blessed indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment