Monday, January 2, 2012

365 Days & Counting

New Years always brings me to a time of reflection and as I have done so...2011 was the best year ever! I realized on December 31st at about 1130pm that I had experienced a peace in my marriage for 365 days.  If you have read my previous posts or know me well enough, you are aware that what Satan intended for bad- God intended for good! 

These things I took away from 2011:

I learned to let go of doubt and live in the fullness of God's promises.

I openly and freely worship my Savior through song...and love doing it!

I have read the Bible and prayed with my husband...almost every night.

I witnessed the love of my life being baptized and now he can't talk about the things God has done for him without holding back tears. 

Jordan was saved and baptized.... on the same day her father was!  What a sweet day!

I have watched Jordan grow up and she has a sweet, quiet (usually...unless her brother is around) spirit! I am very proud to call her my daughter.

Britton has grown into the most loving young lad... he gives me frequent hugs and lovin' and tells me he loves me ....randomly- I love it!  I am glad he takes after the Barbee's with his affection! 

God has proved himself so faithful to me!

Parker Street has been repopulated 10 fold!  I have gained some awesome new friends and neighbors!

I realized I worry way too much of what others think of me!  This is the most ridiculous problem I have...If I tried to please God as much as I did others...everything would be more than alright!

I have strengthened some friendships due to God being the common denominator! I have also learned to let go of other friendships that were obstacles to me growing in the Lord.

I learned I can't change people and make them choose a Godly lifestyle.

God has blessed me indeed! I have learned so much in 2011- I can't wait to see what God has for me in 2012!  It's back to the real world tomorrow!  I pray that each of you have a Happy New Year and make this year be your best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment