Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winding Down

The year 2012 brought with it lots of challenges for me.  My work relocated to a brand spankin' new, huge, modern, cool,  and any other adjective you can think of...facility (without furry visitors with long tails might I add).  I am super excited!  But reality set in upon my return after the holidays- along with a new facility came lots of other changes.  Everything changed  and I finally had to surrender to the fight of not wanting to learn the ropes of the new layout and routine.   I am not one who works well in chaos, at least I need  organized chaos....a plan.  This aspect makes me realize why I never wanted to be an ER nurse.  I don't react well on the fly and  I have to be settled and know what is to come so I can be prepared as much as possible.  The whole idea of being prepared for the masses of students this semester is relative.  The plan we put into place may not work. My coworkers have probably gotten many laughs  because I tend to get panicky when trying to figure out different scenarios of how it will be.  But that is just it- nobody knows how it will be until it comes to be!  ((((Insert loud scream))))  Hopefully, I won't be written off as a psychiatric case and they will be patient with my neurotic self!  So needless to say, I have had a couple of frustrating days at work.  It will be great as usual once all of the kinks are worked out and everyone simmers down.

To top off my day...I tried a new pinterest dessert after supper and it was a flop!  So I am now tucked away in my closet, my latest and greatest sanctuary I  created for my quiet time.  Kicked back in my papasan chair, as far away as possible from everyone else, I sip my coffee and eat my ice cream.  I hear the quiet roar of my space heater and I slowly wind down from this crazy day! I better crawl back out- its bath time for the kids.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment