Monday, January 30, 2012

The Greatest of These



Of all God's commands, the greatest is love.  Sunday was  a day packed full of love!  Worship time is always dear to me, but yesterday I was overwhelmed because I actually felt how much God loves me.  I read it in His word frequently and talk about His love for me often with others.  But while singing this chorus..." Lord, I'm amazed by you...how you love me"  it  goes on to say..." How deep, how wide, how great is your love for me".  Something was different this time.  It was as if God was whispering (or yelling rather) Leah, it doesn't matter what your past is, there is nothing you can do that will separate you from my love.  I sent my only son to die for all that you have and will do.  And because I love you so much, I have blessed you with a wonderful church family who loves you and cares for you and your family dearly.  I have blessed you with a tight knit family that has strong bonds of love.  I have blessed you with a husband with a new heart that is bent towards me...remember when I said...just trust in me and I will show you the way- well, this is it, baby girl!  I have given you two bundles of joy that remind you of me when you see them smile and hear them belly laugh.    I have given you friends that love me and that provide you with fellowship and fun to enjoy life with! I love you so much that I have let you witness the miracles of expecting mothers who never thought they would be mothers. God loved on me and my cup was and still is running over, even as I type my tears are many.  I hope you know and have experienced the love of Christ!  I challenge you to go and love others as He loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment