Saturday, August 6, 2011

About Me

I am a small town girl. Born to parents who both were successful business owners for many years.  I am the youngest of four girls...poor daddy.  That would make me "the baby girl"...before you jump to assumptions...I am not spoiled.  I have worked hard for everything I have.  Doesn't matter what people think because before I am "the baby girl", I am a child of God and He is my Provider.  I own nothing I have, it all belongs to Him.  I had a carefree childhood with no major tragedies. After my wild and crazy teenage years, I met someone who made me the happiest girl on earth.  After a short courtship of four months we were engaged and married a year a half later.  Perfect life one would say? Not quite.  My trials in life came all at once and I thought they would never end.  Briefing of my life: Undergrad nursing school, job seeking, birth of my daughter, attended graduate nursing school, birth of my son, extended illness with my mother and father, death of my mother...all while my marriage was spiraling and I was too busy to recognize it. I worked part time as a Nurse Practitioner at what I would call a dream job, but that was it ...nothing permanent only temporary work was available.   I was blessed with a job at a family practice in Gray.  Great job for the career woman but not so much for a wife and mother.  It was super stressful and busy!  God made a way for the dream job I originally had to be made into full time/permanent.  I was able to return to the job I loved and the people I loved even more!  This sounds like a happy ending?  Well...Satan wasn't finished yet...and even better God wasn't either:)  Satan attacked my marriage once again.  God is so awesome and has navigated every turn in my life! Even placing me where I needed to be when I needed to be there and who I needed to be with. Jason and I are happily married for 14 years and are now totally surrendered to God and know that we are nothing without Him!  I needed lots of refining fire and God knew it....He put me through it and brought me through it a better person!  This brings us to today...why did I start this blog?  (1) I was inspired by a special friend who blogs and I love reading hers...I can hear her saying every word as if she is speaking to me (2) I am a strange twist of a wordy person that is slightly introverted and my brain and my fingers work better together than my brain and my mouth.  Hope you will follow and enjoy! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment