Saturday, August 27, 2011

Confessions of a Hair Harlot

The only other profession I often think of pursuing is cosmetology.  Maybe when I retire as a nurse, I can have my own "purple hair lady" shop behind my house. Honestly,  I could sit for hours and hours in a hair salon just watching people get their hair cut and styled. I also love to check out all of the styling products and tools in hopes they could all be used on me in one single visit.  If I had money to play with,  I would purchase and try all of them.  But for now, I will stick with my Walmart Pantene products that I purchase only if I have a coupon.  If you have known me for any length of time, you probably know my hair has been various lengths and colors.  I have just about tried everything there is...and I probably am a nightmare to my hairstylist.  I want it long and multi-colored one visit and short and one color the next.  Maybe she loves me enough to look past my flaws;)  Also, hairstylist seem to wear the most trendy clothes and tend to change their hair often.  Wow!  What a life...I truly am envious!  Ooh ooh...and how could I forget the cool bright colored stripes everyone has been getting in their hair lately. How awesome would it be to sit in the chair and order up a thick chunky stripe of bright pink, purple, or blue across the long swoop bang or on the underneath in the back?  I am honestly not joking!  I think it is super cute...but I know I'll never be brave enough to do it in fear of becoming the family outcast.  Let me not forget to mention the cool looking feathers people are getting now.  Oh just to try it...but my hair is super short now and I may look like Yankee Doodle.  
I suppose if I become one of these trendy dressing, frequently changing hairstyle people...I might could pull it off!

I guess for now, I'll just keep dreaming:)

No comments:

Post a Comment