Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Yours, Lord!

Teachings from my current Bible study- When Life Gets Hard by James McDonald.

Hebrews 12:6-8 The Lord disciplines the one He loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.  It is for discipline that you have to endure.  God is treating you as sons.  For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?  If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 

What a revelation!  This is a great reminder that I am a part of the family of God. I love James McDonald's definition of a trial- he says a trial is a painful circumstance allowed by God to change our conduct and our character.  Boy howdy...thanks God...if that's what it took ..and sorry I was such a hard case to crack.  I can honestly say I give thanks for my trials I have endured.  Now, this is easy for me to say...during- now that was a different story.  Also McDonald shares this- not to forget:  if God allows your life to become hard, His motivation is always love.  He loves you.  His eyes are on you. His attention is directed toward you.  All of His thoughts are about you.  The goal of the pain is your restoration to a deeper sense of His love.  Sorry guys, if you missed God for a while- because He was right there with me focusing his attention on me.  Didn't mean to be such a hog- but for 5-6 years if you felt neglected...it was because he was working hard on me.  Psst...I really know that's not the way it works, silly!  Omnipresent is He!

Also a great illustration given...the nail that doesn't remain under the hammer will never reach its destination.  We must remain in the place of pain (endure) until the goal is reached or God's end result is acheived.  Do not bail!!!!

Thank you, God, for the pain that has made me realize just how much you love me and work all things for good- no matter how bad it gets!

Yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment