Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Give Up

Jason and I have been on a somewhat of a, sorta kinda, on again-off again, when we feel like it...health kick.  We have been fairly consistent with the exercise by running.  We do try to watch our diet...sorta kinda.  Well, I have mentioned before of my love of sweets- they are my ultimate weakness. It is the end of August...which happens to be a very looooooooooong month by the way- our cupboards are bare and screaming for payday to roll around.  So, we decided on this last day of August to eat pancakes for supper.  The kids agreed to it as long as I could scrounge up some chocolate chips to mix in.  Well, I arrive home before my hubby- but he is fully aware of the plans for supper.  I come in and begin helping the kids with their homework.  He finally arrives with this little yellow bag marked with the famous local Dollar General logo.  He bats his beautiful blue eyes, smiles his dimple-filled smile and says...I got a surprise!  He first pulls out  a pack of bacon (I swear he had to have robbed his coin-filled ash tray for) ....and then out comes a convenient 4 pack of Klondike ice cream cookie sandwiches.  4 pack...there are conveniently 4 in our family.  Now how in the world could this girl turn all of that down?  Oh my, all on top of sleeping in this morning and not running! This totally explains our on again off again relationship with this thing called a diet and exercise. 

I give up ;)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA. Well let me just brag that I ran another two miles this afternoon, but I am going to sit here on my big ole behind and eat some chocolate fudge....so you aren't alone! :)

    ReplyDelete