Monday, August 8, 2011

God Speaks

After an amazing God-filled weekend and experiencing some answered prayers, I must say my week started out a little apprehensive.  My kids changed schools this year and just the change in routine and the change from something that I knew was working well to something that I totally had to put in God's hands was scary.  We prayed about the decision to move the kids and felt like there were no reasons not to so we accepted that as confirmation.  The kids have been super excited!  This school requires them to wear uniforms and guess what... they are even excited about that.  In fact, the first week they allowed them to dress down with the understanding not all of the kids would have their uniforms...but my kids chose to go in full uniform this morning! I actually got to drive my own kids to school because their new school is located near my work!  Wow, I never expected to get such a feeling of satisfaction from just driving my kids to school.  It was a feeling of being a full fledged mother!  They walked in with pride...each with their own book bags and two huge bags of school supplies.  My oldest, the little mama, said  "Mama, I don't want you to walk us in, I can get everything and take brother to his class."  I couldn't even talk them into even acting like they wanted their mama to walk them into school the first day.  Oh well, I decided to give in and let them go on their own.   Wonder what the teachers thought?  Oh well, they have to grow up sometime!  I totally held it together until the drive to work and then I broke down crying.  My mind couldn't let go of the feelings of me not being needed by my kids, and them just growing up.  I then decided to look at my daily verse that I receive on my phone every morning.  Then God spoke....it was my favorite verse...2 Timothy 1:7  For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.  I then could breath easy...that is after the overwhelming feeling of love I felt.  God knew I needed that verse today of all days with the uneasiness of starting a new school!  God amazes me, especially when He speaks directly to little ol' me:)

1 comment:

  1. They looked so cute in their little uniforms! Can't believe how grown they are. :)

    ReplyDelete