Monday, August 22, 2011

A Mother's Love

I have waiting patiently to blog about this...I was waiting until after Sunday when we told our family and church family.  And before you form any assumptions...I am not pregnant!  This is just as exciting as that feeling was but, to me, it is even greater than that. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing one of your own accepting Christ.  Well, we had the pleasure of experiencing this on Thursday, Aug. 18th.  My precious "peanut" shared with me her decision to ask Jesus to come into her heart.  Needless to say, I was sooooo excited! Her father and I prayed with her and for her. I didn't feel like I could tell her enough about the love of God and what it means to be a Christian.  I had to remind myself she was only 9 and she is not going to understand everything I tell her.  Sunday, our pastor  made mention of child like faith.  I smiled and thanked God for this reminder of how kids are very simple minded and we, as adults, are the ones that "know" too much and make things way too complicated.  I breathed a sigh of relief, not feeling like, I had to make her understand everything at this point.  I only wish I could always have that simple minded faith, just trusting in Him and believing He is who He says He is and He can do ALL He says He can do.  Without all of the ifs, ands, and buts. 

My prayer for her is that she will be bold in her faith!

1 comment:

  1. When the word of big news was said I about choked. I thought you were with child once again. In a way you were because Peanut was born again. Camden can say some stuff sometimes about God that only a child can say.. Love Yall

    ReplyDelete