Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Armed and Dangerous

Honestly, it should be "Armed and Safe", but that doesn't sound catchy. 

Recently, I have started waking up much earlier than usual.  I use this as my time to do my Bible study, run, etc...things that are solely for me.  Because "me" gets put away about 6am.  The past few days I slept in and my whole household suffered.  Today, I vowed to get back on track...only to find out that my running partners were sleeping in.  I sleepily turned my alarm off, after convincing myself not to utilize the crafty snooze button.  I am horrified to attempt to run in the dark alone so I forced myself out of bed with the promise of having more time with God. 

What a refreshing morning...God gave me a great message this morning! 

Ephesians 6:13-18
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the  shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 

My belt of truth...Satan is the father of lies.  God detests a lying tongue. 

My breastplate... righteousness. This protects my heart from accusations and charges of Satan and secures my innermost being. If this weren't present, the blows could be fatal. This righteousness is not works of righteousness done by men.This refers to the righteousness of Christ, received by faith.
My feet... are prepared with the gospel of peace for spiritual conflict. Satan places dangerous
obstacles in my path. When I tread on the enemy's territory, I will be aware of these traps but exhibit grace as Christ did...with a goal of allowing others to see and desire that for their life.

My shield of faith ...This protects me from doubting the faithfulness of God and His word. 

My helmet of salvation...guards my mind so I will not receive any false doctrines or fall into temptation.   

My sword... I have the word of God as an offensive weapon. It is unique as all of my other gear is defensive in nature.

I am now prepared, fully armed,  to begin this rat race called life!  For now, "me" is signing off to get busy with my mini mes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment